Friday, February 20, 2009

A Very Productive Day

I got home from work just before 3am and woke up at 6am because of the excitement of having Dad in town. I went to check to see if he wanted to get up earlier for breakfast. He said he had been awake since 4am due to jet lag since he was recently visiting Thailand. Instead of breakfast, we just chatted. I dropped him off at his ACS meeting at Cityplace and brought breakfast home to Ruth and Amy. Ruth ate like a champ and we drove to LA Fitness while Amy went to work. I had a good workout of abs and legs. When I picked up Ruthie, she was contently pushing the toy car that we have at home but she did have some tears on her face. We went home to shower and eat some lunch. We took a good nap and walked to the Kennedy's house for a short visit. When we got home, Dad and the Wiris went to dinner with us at Chinatown in Richardson. Ben met us there also. After boba tea, I took Dad and the Wiris to Baylor Garland to show them how to use ultrasound for central line placement. Amy was getting off shift, and we all headed home. What a great day. I am a little short on sleep due to coming off the 2am shift and getting up early to drop Dad off, but it was well worth it. The one hour nap was good enough, and I will sleep well tonight.

Just a little side note but I am not worried about life at all. I feel a little tired, but my pregnant wife is kind enough to work my shift on tomorrow so that I can hang out with Dad so that helps immensely. Still, I am excited to have the chance to spend time with him and get up early to take him to his meeting. I will catch up with sleep soon. I used to rely on the following passage a lot because I would worry about school. Now, the worries are behind me and God has prevented me from worrying about other things due to his blessings and my understanding that He is in control. I am tired but no concerns about that either.

Luke 12:22-26
Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

No comments:

Post a Comment