Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Typical Weds (late entry for Weds, 2-25-09)

I am beginning to have a routine for most Wednesdays now. I went to the gym to work on abs and lower body with Marcus. I think I need to mention that I do not like the machine that requires me to bend over and lift upwards because my back is starting to feel a little strained. It was a good workout, and I have my March schedule planned out with Marcus. I headed to Northwest Bible to play some basketball. As with anything, I have found that the more I play, the better I am doing on the court. I am not all church league or all district yet, but my endurance is definitely getting a lot stronger. Feels great. I came home and played guitar and got a few things on the to do list done including gathering tax stuff. My iPhone lost coverage all afternoon so I went to the Mac store where they said several people had this issue. It was strange driving by myself without a direct line of communication. I could not call Amy, receive texts, or update my Facebook status (the horror). I met Amy and Ruth at church. We went over the second half of Ephesians 4 in Bible study. Ruth didn't do so great in nursery since she is still under the weather, but she is didn't do horrible either. My cell finally returned to normal signal by the end of the night.

Ephesians 4:29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

I think I am doing better at not letting "unwholesome talk" come out of my mouth, especially during basketball. Maybe because I am getting better? No, that's not it. I still make plenty of mistakes but I am more accepting of it although it does boost self esteem when I made more positive plays.

Psalm 66:17 I cried out to him with my mouth; his praise was on my tongue. If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!

Today while I could not text, check email, make or receive cell phone calls, it felt strange to be disconnected from the world. It is nice to know the line is always open with God. I need to utilize this resource more and text my request to the Lord, update my status with him, and call Him for advice and praise. He is listening and waiting so it was a good lesson yesterday to see what it is like to be disconnected. I will remember the value of having Him online constantly and take advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment