Monday, February 9, 2009

Exercise, daughter/father time, new friends, family

After getting home after 2pm from work, I got some sleep before we headed up to LA Fitness to begin our orientation with a personal trainer. When we arrived, we ran into Leslie and Millie. Juleeta, Luke, Ethan, and Matthew appeared shortly thereafter. It was a good sign that we joined the right gym since a couple of families from our small group was there on our first day. The workout was good. I am looking forward to getting into better shape. I read Ephesians 4:17-32 in anticipation of our next small group Bible study on Wednesday. The verse that stuck out was 4:29 which says that we should not allow "unwholesome talk" out of our mouths. It is sad that I cursed more this past weekend (twice) when I was with Christian men at a church retreat. The first instance was while changing lanes, I almost hit the car in front of me which had stopped due to rush hour traffic. The second time was during basketball. I feel this part of my life has improved dramatically since I became a believer but it still is a problem when I spontaneously let out an expletive. Anyway, I played some guitar and took a nap with Amy and Ruth before Amy left for work. Ruth and I cleaned house, did some dishes, and vacuumed before I played more guitar while Ruth danced. We met the Blaisdell's at Top Golf. We had pretty deep conversations considering I had never met his wife and had only met Pete only a few times. Their twins did great and slept through our attempts to hit microchip filled range balls into various targets. I am looking forward to hanging out with them again and introducing them to Amy. After Top Golf, Ruth and I met Ben at Chick-Fil-A. Ruth enjoyed having the playground all to herself. She usually was getting trampled by 20 other kids at lunch time but no other parent was taking their child there from 8:30-10pm. I had a great chat with Ben. Ruth continues to bond with her uncle so it was time well spent. At home, Ruth gobbled up more ice cream (yes, I fed her french fries at Top Golf also), and we did a video chat with D.J. Ruth enjoyed "feeding" ice cream to Uncle D.J. through the computer screen. Ruth and I took a shower and she fell asleep in the recliner while I was reading the Bible. What did I read? I thought about looking for names for the twins. I opted to read the book of Ruth. The first chapter was a good reminder to me that Ruth was the daughter-in-law of Naomi who was widowed and had lost both sons. I am not sure if we would use the name, Naomi, for one of the twins because Uncle Ben Andrews is seriously dating a Naomi so having an Aunt Naomi could add confusion to the fact that there are already two "Uncle Ben's." Well, it was a great day. I think I'll skip 5:45am b-ball in the morning and rest up for my 4pm shift. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment