Tuesday, February 10, 2009

sleep and work

I am typing at work as I wait for a transfer to go through. I slept in this morning and got some badly needly rest. The men's retreat was fun but took a lot out of me. I woke up to a few new toys for Ruth (really for Amy). A pair of twin girl dolls, their clothes, diapers, diaper bag, and twin stroller. Ruth has a little ways to go in being the lone babysitter but she will learn. Amy and I looked through some Biblical names for the twins. We considered Hannah, Sarah, Esther, and "sinful woman at the well." It is still a work in progress. I read 1 Samuel and was struck by verse 27, "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." I am thankful for the twins. I am thankful for Ruth. Boys or girls, any child is a blessing, and I thank God for the kids he has blessed us with. I have know people from school, work, and friendships who have had difficulty conceiving. The story of Hannah talks about such heartache and then answered prayer. Amy and I have been lucky not to have such difficulty. I am not sure if Hannah is a name we will chose but these verses have reminded me to be thankful for God's gifts to us. Time to leave this shift and get some sleep before we return for the staff meeting in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment