Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Back Home

We dropped D.J. off at school at UT Law and drove home to Dallas. I made more song lists according the initial chord/key while riding home on I-35. At home, I played some guitar and cleaned up around the house while the family was asleep. I also put together Ruth's large leaf canopy and rocking chair that we bought from IKEA while we were in Austin. The Kennedys came over, and we all rode to church in the minivan. A large number of people attended the church dinner since it was focused on missionaries. In small group, we did praise and worship. We also did corporate prayer as a group and as men/women. We drove through Chick-Fil-A on the way home for some ice cream and finished it off at home.

The practice helped with playing guitar in small group although next time I will do a little warm up to work out the last minute kinks. "Mighty to Save" is from Zephaniah 3:17 which says "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." That was the first song. It wasn't the greatest performance ever, but I am glad I had the opportunity to do it. I am looking forward to future praise and worship sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment