Friday, February 27, 2009

To the Valley of the Sun


We woke up and picked up the Kennedys and headed to Love Field. The kids did great on the flight from Dallas to Phoenix via Austin. The 2 hour flight from ATX to PHX went well. I met a guy from Pearland who sat next to me, and we chatted about various things. Once we landed, we took the rental car straight to In-N-Out Burger. I got the 3x3 off the secret menu. We all took a nap at the hotel once we arrived. Nick and I later drove to CVS and Safeway to get some essentials. We all checked out the pool which was awesome. It had a huge winding slide which I probably enjoyed as much as Ruth did. There were several other pools. One had fountains which Ruth liked playing with. Afterwards, we ate at the hotel restaurant. Now its time to get some sleep and prepare for another day of vacation. Life is great.

1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!"

I will start reading 1 John now. I came across the first verse of chapter 3 which was a good reminder of how lucky we are. I already feel very fortunate for all of our worldly blessings but the fact that we are children of God is something I forget. I wish I would have shared the Gospel with the man that sat next to me on the plane today. We talked for a long time. He did say he was Catholic, but it would have been nice to talk more about God. It did come up when we talked about The Summit/Compaq Center in Houston being where Lakewood Church has their services. I talked about how we had gone to a service at the old campus but mainly went to Second Baptist when we lived in the Houston area. I felt we had a great conversation being complete strangers and all, but next time I want to take the next step and talk about Christ and learn how to do so with people I do not know well.

No comments:

Post a Comment