Monday, February 16, 2009

Jalapeno Poppers in Austin

After a good overnight shift, I showered at the ED while waiting on two final CT reads. I met Amy and Ruth at home. Amy drove us to Austin while I slept. We met D.J. for lunch at Longhorn Po Boys near the law school. D.J. went back to class while we slept in his living room. After D.J. was done with school, we drove towards the northern suburbs. We stopped initially at Sonic who had the largest and most robust jalapenos. Then we drove through at Arby's who have average size and tasting poppers. We got some great things for Ruth at the Round Rock IKEA including a rocker, cooking/eating utensils, a leaf shaped canopy for her bed, etc. We ate at the Simoneaus home and enjoyed an evening of guitar and chatting. On the way home, we couldn't pass up Jack in the Box who have the spiciest but smallest jalapeno poppers. We are back in his apartment. It feels great to be here. D.J. convinced Amy to take the bed so I am headed there shortly.

While playing praise songs, Mark showed me how to play "I Will Call Upon the Lord." The lyrics seem to come from the following verses:

2 Samuel 22:4 "I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies."

2 Samuel 22:47 "The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior!"

I am fortunately to know good musicians who I can learn from and play with. I hope to learn enough to teach Ruth some basics. I am headed to shower and bed now. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment