Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rainy Day in Austin

We dropped D.J. off at school and ate breakfast at Kerbey Lane. We went to the Barton Creek Mall before picking D.J. up for lunch. We met Keeli Hanzelka at the Red River Cafe. The next stop was Mozarts on Lake Austin. It was nice to return to a familiar spot. We then picked up D.J. and went back to his place for a nap. It seems we have primarily ate and slept in Austin, but I think that is a sign of a successful vacation. We ate at Madam Mam's for dinner. I had the som tham. It was only 2 out 5 in spiciness, but it was quite hot and tasty. We stopped by the 7-11 to get various snacks and desserts. It was a nice night of hanging out, reading, and eating (again). I would say this visit was a success in visiting D.J. Unfortunately, we did not get to see Amy's brother, Ben, but hopefully we can return when his work hours improve.

Tomorrow is corporate prayer among the in small groups in accordance with the missions week. This past Sunday, we had one service that revealed the members of "Destination Unknown" were headed to NYC, including Tina Alexander, who was a part of the original small group before it multiplied. This led me to looking up scripture in reference in spreading the Gospel. Mark 16:15-16 is where Jesus says, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." It is interesting that www.biblegateway.com and my AcroBible on my iPhone state that "the earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16.9-20." In any case, I wonder if God has planned for me a mission trip to Thailand. With my heritage and ability to speak Thai, I would think that I could be effective in spreading the Gospel there. That is something for me to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment