Thursday, February 26, 2009

B-ball, Guitar, and Work

I work up nice and early for basketball at LA Fitness. Anand met me there and we got in several games. I feel my endurance improving. There is some improvement to my game although I still miss too many layups and treys. At home, I played some guitar (Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble?, You Are God Alone, How Great is Our God, Almighty). Work was nothing exciting. I saw a good number of patients, especially with the new set up of having RME at the end. This allowed me to finish the shift on time. I have been wanting something like this ever since I rotated at Presby as a resident. I have always wanted to finish with easy dispositions so what a blessing. At home, it was nice to see Amy and Ruth since I had left for work shortly after they woke up this morning.

Colossians 1:11-12 "And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light."

So I'll try to relate my b-ball experiences to the Word. I feel increased endurance as I consistently play full court basketball now. Perhaps what I also need is some patience while on the court. In life, I need to be patient. I have always been an "all or none" kind of guy. Sometimes it may initially seem like "none" and then I give up. Well, maybe with patience, I can weather the tough times and get to the successful moments. I could use a little patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment